- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Refuge and glacier school.
We will check the equipment with your guide in the offices in Quito, 10:30 a.m. We will leave in direction north until the town of the same name of the volcano, canton Cayambe for the lunch, then with our 4x4 vehicle we will arrive at the refuge Ruales-Oleas-Berge to 4.600m (15.091.86 ft.), we will have a talk and school of the glacier to handle equipment, dinner and rest.
Attack to the Summit.
Early on the second day 00:30 a.m, we will have a cup of tea and our backpack with the necessary things and we will go out the attempt to the summit between 7 to 8 hours walking on ice, very slowly, to get to the sunrise between 6 to 7 a.m. return to the refuge, breakfast, return to Quito about 14:00 p.m.
- Prívate transport 4x4.
- Certified ASEGUIM guide in Spanish/English.
- Meals (Lunch and dinner first day, breakfast second day).
- Refuge, bed, mattress, thermal blanket.
- Course, school of glacier depends on the weather.
- Technical mountain equipment: plastic boots, crampons, harness, carabineer, helmet, flashlight without batteries, external gloves of 2 fingers, gaiters, ice axe, waterproof pants, waterproof jacket, rope.
- Extra food and drinks, water 2 liters per day.
- Personal equipment: Lycra type shirt and pants, polar jacket and pants, internal gloves, 2 to 3 pairs of socks, 2 backpacks 1 of 40 liters and 1 of 15 liters, buff.
- Sleeping bag.
- Batteries for the flashlight 2 pairs AAA.
No Details Found