- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
We will check the equipment with your guide in the offices in Quito, 8:30 a.m. and if you are in a program you will be picked up at the hotel you have stayed before on the route, we will leave in a southwesterly direction until the town of San Juan for lunch, then with our 4x4 vehicle we will arrive at the parking lot and first Hns Carrel refuge at 4.800m (15.748. 03 ft), if our tour is with refuge we will rest here, otherwise we will put on our equipment and walk to the high camp approximately 3 hours, in the afternoon we will have a talk and school of glacier to handle equipment, depending on the weather, dinner and rest.
From the Hns Carrel refuge we will take a cup of tea and our bag pack with the necessary things and we will go out the attempt to the summit between 9 to 10 hours walking on ice, very slowly, from the high camp we will leave at midnight to arrive at the sunrise between 6 to 7 a.m. return to the refuge, breakfast, return to Quito about 17:00 p.m or you will be approached to a bus terminal to continue your trip.
We work in ropes of 2 tourists 1 guide, if one of the tourist makes the decision to go down without reaching the summit for any reason, all the ropes return and if the group is bigger and we have more guides, one guide goes down and the others continue climbing.
- Private transport 4x4.
- Certified ASEGUIM guide in Spanish/English.
- Meals (Lunch and dinner first day, breakfast second day).
- Refuge, bed, mattress or camp equipment.
- Course, school of glacier depends on the weather.
- Technical mountain equipment: plastic boots, crampons, harness, carabineer, helmet, flashlight without batteries, external gloves of 2 fingers, gaiters, ice axe, waterproof pants, waterproof jacket, rope.
- Extra food and drinks, water 2 liters per day.
- Personal equipment: Lycra type shirt and pants, polar jacket and pants, internal gloves, 2 to 3 pairs of socks, 2 backpacks 1 of 40 liters and 1 of 15 liters, buff.
- Sleeping bag.
- Batteries for the flashlight 2 pairs AAA.
No Details Found